Infostani International: PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari is urging PTI supporters to vote strategically on February 8, emphasizing PPP’s commitment to upholding the sanctity of the vote. He criticized PML-N for lacking a clear manifesto and urged their supporters to back PPP for the sake of democracy.
PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari Urges PTI Supporters to Strategically Vote for PPP Candidates in Upcoming General Elections
PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari has urged PTI workers not to “waste” their votes on independent candidates and instead choose his party’s candidates on February 8, the day of general elections.
Addressing a public gathering in Mungowal town of Gujrat district on Thursday, Bilawal once again requested both PTI and PML-N supporters to vote for his party if they wanted to “uphold the sanctity of the vote.”
He stated that if PTI supporters wish to prevent Nawaz Sharif from becoming the prime minister for a fourth time, they could either waste their vote by opting for independent candidates, “which amounts to supporting the PML-N,” or “strategically use their right to vote.”
Referring to the electoral symbols of PML-N and PPP, he said:
- “They [PTI supporters] should consider this a contest between two parties, and to stop the lion in its path, they should stamp the arrow of PPP,” he said, referring to the electoral symbols of PML-N and PPP.
Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari Criticizes PML-N’s Approach and Urges Support for PPP in Upcoming Elections
Turning to PML-N supporters, he sought their votes for the sake of democracy.
According to Bilawal, PML-N workers who faced the ex-dictator Gen Musharraf and talked about the sanctity of the vote saw their party “shun its narrative.”
- “If the PML-N workers want democracy and sanctity of the vote to prevail, they should stamp the symbol of the arrow.”
Continuing his criticism of the Sharif-led party, he said PML-N does not even have a manifesto yet.
- “It is still being prepared, and they cannot even tell the people how they will serve them after coming to power for a fourth time.”
In another jibe at his rivals, he said:
- “There was a reason behind the lion not going out to hunt but demanding someone else to hunt on its behalf.”
- “They [PML-N leaders] are so confident that they do not even feel the need to campaign.”
PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari Highlights Party’s Seriousness in Election Campaign and Nationwide Presence
Contrasting this with his party’s campaign, he claimed only the PPP is serious about the elections, and only “his jiyalaas are running election campaigns.”
“Those who used to say that PPP is not present in Punjab and is not contesting have nothing to say about the party these days,” he added, stating that PPP has held conventions and gatherings all over the country.